emails

pauliney 11:25 12 Oct 05

have received 2 strange emails with completely different email addresses than mine in my read email box and then the person who was suppose to have got the email answered it and I got that one to in my email box

thanks if you can help (AOLmail)

johnnyrocker 11:30 12 Oct 05

someone with your e mail address in their machine is likely to have become infected and is sending random mails out to/from all people, just delete them and it will clear up soon.

johnny.

p;3 11:44 12 Oct 05

assuming you have active antivirus protection on your machine, it could not harm to run it to check you are not infected, if these mails have been coming from an infected machine as suggested by Jonnyrocker

do you have the mailwasher facility on your pc?

pauliney 11:45 12 Oct 05

thanks you for your response lets hope that is it

pauliney 11:46 12 Oct 05

nis on pc no mailwasher

p;3 11:50 12 Oct 05

you could try using this little program to check mails on server and delete from there instead of downloading unwanted ones to your pc; I have it and would not be without it

click here

I also suggest you check your pc with your antivirus protection program:))

pauliney 11:55 12 Oct 05

ok I have down loaded mailwasher and I am scaning now with NIS thanks

p;3 11:59 12 Oct 05

if you know any of the people who sent the mails,you might mail them to ask them to check their pcs for possible infections;

p;3 12:00 12 Oct 05

unless of course, it is a simple "spam" e mail, in which case it can just be chucked out and the mail address blacklisted in mailwasher:)

pauliney 12:02 12 Oct 05

p;3 emails not known to me

pauliney 12:20 12 Oct 05

thanks to all I have run NIS all ok will now tick resolved but will be back if any more problems happen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…