emails

Pau1JB 14:53 06 Oct 04

I have the problem when i load my computer which is connected to the i internet via 512kb broadband. the computer is really slow to response and i put it down to norton anti virus 2004 scanning out going emails. I sends around 20 or more but i havent told the computer to send any emails. i disconnected the internet and got the error message that all these emails that where beenin sent to random address i have never heard of cudnt be sent. the thing is it was about vigra. so i am thinkin there must be some virus or something that is using my computer to send spam. what can i do.

woodt 15:01 06 Oct 04

You need to download install update then run the following free programs

Spybot click here

AD-Aware click here

woodchip 15:04 06 Oct 04

Your computer is being used to spam other computers

woodchip 15:04 06 Oct 04

Your computer is being used to spam other computers

woodt 15:11 06 Oct 04

Provided your computer is otherwise healthy I recommend that you turn off System Restore before you do your scans as the spware program can be hidden in the System Restore files. Right click my computer select Properties and you will find the System Restore tab. Dont forget to turn it back on afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…