Emailing programs...is it possible?

geoff47 00:48 14 Sep 05

I have suggested to my daughter in America that she should use a program to cut down the file size when she sends me Photos.I use Ulead Smart Saver a freebie,is there any way I could email the program to her?
Or can you point me to where she,might find a program as good as that,for free.
I have searched but would prefer to have a definate recomendation from an impartial user...
Many thanks
Geoff47

vinnyo123 02:25 14 Sep 05

might try winzip,

click here

geoff47 02:50 14 Sep 05

How do I get the program into winzip?
It is on my PC...might be able to find the original disc but I doubt it.

The Spires 03:41 14 Sep 05

If she is sending .Jpg files they are already highly compressed. But to zip a file or group of files select the files you wish to send, right click go to 'Send To' in the right hand pane & send to Compressed (Zipped) Folder. You will then have your pics compressed into one file that you or your Daughter can rename without altering the contents.

click here enables you to transfer even large files (Zipped ideally) at no cost.

Chegs ® 09:16 14 Sep 05

IrfanView can be used to reduce the image,its free and you can just post her the link to download it to her PC.click here

Diodorus Siculus 09:21 14 Sep 05

I agree with the suggestion of Irfanview; it will allow images to be opened and then "saved for web" which reduces size without any negative impact for viewing on a PC.

Sapins 09:23 14 Sep 05

If she is using XP it will give her the option of reducing the size of files to e-mail them. When you select a file then "e-mail this picture/file" you are asked if you want to make it smaller.

Gongoozler 10:06 14 Sep 05

Hi geoff47. As for getting Ulead Smart Saver from your pc to your daughter, if it's installed on your computer, then you can't send it. You have to have the original installation files.

jack 10:50 14 Sep 05

As mentioned click here is free and the images can be resized to transmit quicker.
Resize images to 800x600 in the image menu.
Use the save as function in the File menu[give it a new name] direct it to a new folder[ E-Mail pix] thus saving the integrity of the origingal image.
and send them away

Hamish 11:44 14 Sep 05

She could try click here.

bruno 12:07 14 Sep 05

There is a program called IMAGE RESIZER in Powertoys and it does the job a treat.Once downloaded and installed you just right click on a picture and choose from 4 sizes.click here downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…