Emailing pictures

barnetbee 11:09 25 Jun 05

What is the best format to email pictures. I know you can change the file format but i don't know which one is the best to send multiple pictures, and how do i do it.
I am running xp can you please help

Ironman556 11:30 25 Jun 05

Usually jpg/jpeg are used for transferring images onver the internet. They give good compression without losing too much detail. Do you have any imaging software such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro on your PC?

Gongoozler 11:37 25 Jun 05

In my opinion, by far the best format for emailing pictures is jpg, they will then be as small as reasonably possible and can be displayed by almost any computer. To keep the file sizes manageable use only the number of pixels needed for the final purpose. If the pictures are to be displayed on a computer screen, then there is little point in sending more than 1024 x 768 pixels. There is nothing to be gained by zipping jpg files, they won't get any smaller. You can zip a number of pictures together, but the file size may be to big for your ISP. If you want to send a large number of pictures, it's probably better to use a web based photo album service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…