emailing photos (and viruses?)

badgery 08:16 12 Feb 04

I have emailed photos to friends as attachments, but have been told my pics appear in the message itself, without having to open the attachment, as well as in the attachment itself - and I would like to know why this happens, and how I can prevent it.
Then a discussion followed about whether this could mean an attachment with a virus could do damage if it also could be made to appear in the 'message' part - ie without 'opening' the attachment at all??
Realise this may a stupid question, ( and I apologise if it is) but with all the latest virus warnings....?

March Hare 10:06 12 Feb 04

The only way I know of preventing an emailed photo sent as an attachment from appearing in the body of the message, is to create a compressed (zipped) folder and put the photo(s) in it and attach the zipped folder to the email.

The query regarding viruses I will have to leave for the experts.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:20 12 Feb 04

click here will solve emailing photo woes.

Stuartli 11:06 12 Feb 04

I've received e-mails for a long time now with and without the pic(x) being in the body of the e-mail as well as listed as an attachment.

There have never been any problems and it may be something to do with using the Windows panel that sometimes pops up which allows you to reduce the files to even smaller sizes; the original files will have already been attached to an e-mail message panel.

anchor 13:30 12 Feb 04

I think that in Outlook Express you may have been clicking insert "picture", rather than insert "file", or perhaps have done both.

Just add your picture as a file attachment, and it "should" correct the problem. I have just done a test and confirmed this.

badgery 15:55 12 Feb 04

Thanks folks, I am going to experiment!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…