Emailing to msn.com address

Gorillaz 22:27 06 Jan 03
  Gorillaz 22:27 06 Jan 03

I am using Outlook 2000 on both my desktop and laptop, if I send an email to a msn.com address from the desktop it will go through, yet if I send from my laptop I get it returned with the following error message. "A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed". I only get this error when sending to an msn.com address I may have set some sort of security system up with Outlook to stop emails to a msn address, any help appreciated.

DieSse 22:32 06 Jan 03

You said the faulty email was returned - therefore it was sent - therefore it cannot be a setting in your system preventing it from being sent.

Check the actual address very carefully - if it's been bounced, then there must be something wrong with it.

Are you sure you are completely virus free?

powerless 22:37 06 Jan 03

Sounds like there inbox is full.

Gorillaz 07:32 07 Jan 03

Yes I am virus free, the has to be something wrong with my system. If I get an email from any contact with an msn.com address and use the reply feature in Outlook the message stilll gets bounced back.

golfpro 07:39 07 Jan 03

Check carefuly all the settings on the laptop, (against the ones on your PC), if everything seems ok try sending an email to yourself and see what happens. It must be a setup problem.

Gorillaz 14:48 07 Jan 03

I can send and recieve email on my laptop without any problems except as I mentioned if it is to a msn.com address. Even when I receive an email with this type of address if I use the reply button on Outlook it still gets bounced back.
It has got to the stage that I am considering formating the hard drive and starting afresh.

Gorillaz 14:09 08 Jan 03

If anyone else has the same problem and are using Demon as their ISP they will find that MSN have blocked all Demon traffic becaause they believe a lot of spam goes through the Demon server. Considering the SPAM that Hotmail generates are Microsoft really getting to big for their boots? Think I will try Linux and any other office option as opoosed to Microsoft for my next purchase.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…