emailing digital pictures

netols 09:50 15 Oct 03

So - once you have a picture in .jpg how do you email it? I have had no success with files around 120KB. I can send them ok but no-one receives them. Is it likely to be a format thing or the size? If the latter, what is a std image size to send?

bruno 10:01 15 Oct 03

Depends a bit on which OS you are using, but on mine you can right click your picture and SEND TO/MAIL RECIPIENT.120kb should be no problem.

MAJ 10:05 15 Oct 03

120kb is okay to email, netols. Attach the jpg file to your email, if you're using Outlook Express, click the Attach icon (looks like a paperclip) and navigate to where you have the jpg saved. If your recipient isn't receiving them and they are also using OE, tell them to open OE and go to Tools > Options, click the Security tab and untick the box which says "Do not allow attachments to be opened or saved that could potentially be a virus".

slimpickins 10:06 15 Oct 03

Some ISPs do have file limits but 120k is weel under them.

The above method works.

Try sending an image to yourself to test.

hssutton 10:12 15 Oct 03

I have posted a reply to your question. on the other thread. click here

Harry

netols 15:56 15 Oct 03

I'm running XP and have tried emailing to myself. The mail turns up in my msn account but won't download into MS outlook. My macro security level is set to low and Security level now set to medium. (was high)

Jonah1000 20:28 16 Oct 03

Click on Options in Outlook Express. Click on the Security Tab, uncheck the 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened......' box, click apply and then OK. You should now be able to open the attachment. I think you should undo that after opening attachments in case of virus'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…