emailing attachments - receiver not getting them

pookie 15:47 25 Feb 05

hi

just recently, many external people are contacting work to say that they can't open attachments within emails sent to them. as these are attachments we have used with no problems in the past is there any obvious reason why they can't get the attachments now. attachments are small word or powerpoint files. i'm not aware of any changes to server settings at our end. is this a problem at receivers end?

we use 2000 or xp pro at work with office 2000 pro.

many thanks

P

Diodorus Siculus 15:52 25 Feb 05

Either your servers are removing attachments (not likely unless no one receives them) or their ISP is not letting them through.

Yoda Knight 15:54 25 Feb 05

are the people who arent recieving the attachments all from the same company ? Perhaps the problem is with their side. Have you tested it on a web based email acc ? What email server are u using ?

pookie 16:02 25 Feb 05

thanks for replies - i'm not very techhie so can't answer some points but no, from different companies

P

FelixTCat 16:10 25 Feb 05

If they have upgraded to SP2 and are using Outlook Express then the new default security settings are catching them out.

In Outlook Express, go to Tools - Security and untick the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

It may be the same issue in Outlook, but I don't use it, so I can't be sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…