Emailing attachments

tonyx1302 17:47 31 Mar 05

Whenever I try to send a file from My Docs/My Pics with Hotmail the attachment is not attached. It tells me 'Attachment may be unsafe etc ' and suggests I check out my email security settings. Where are they please and what settings do I set them at?
Running XP Pro

Thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 19:50 31 Mar 05

Any ideas anybody please ?

Jak_1 19:52 31 Mar 05

What sort of attachment, a plain data file should be no problem but exe files can be. If it is an eve file try zipping the file and then sending it.

tonyx1302 19:55 31 Mar 05

Thanks for coming back. They are all photos taken with my digi camera. Sorry but how do I zip if that is the solution?

Tony

as400man 19:57 31 Mar 05

If an .exe file is the problem, temporarily change the extension .exe to .xxx, send the attachment and then change it back to .exe afterwards. Windows will whinge about the change but ignore that. In the email text tell the recipient to change the extension to .exe when they save it.

VoG II 20:00 31 Mar 05

Right click, Send To, Compressed (zipped) folder

tonyx1302 20:15 31 Mar 05

Sorry for the delay, I was just sending myself an email with a photo file as per VoG suggestion.It worked just great. I was going straight to 'Mail Recipient' instead of 'Comp. File'.

Thanks VoG

Tony

Jak_1 20:18 31 Mar 05

Hm! there should be no problem sending pic files. Have you saved them as jpg's? If not convert them using your graphics program:
1. Open pic in your graphics program
2. Save as, choose the jpg format.

Then try resending. IE default settings should not block pics from being sent!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…