emailed pictures wont open

Rebecca* 23:24 27 Sep 04

Hi, I recently had to reformat my computer. So before doing so I sent all my pictures by email to my father expecting him to send them back to me when the computer was up and running again. The problem now is that most of them wont open saying short cut doesn't exist. The email contains all the pictures as I can tell by the attachment size. Has anyone got any ideas or are they lost forever? Thanks for any help.
Rebecca*

VoG II 23:41 27 Sep 04

E-mail program = Outlook Express?

Operating System = Windows XP with SP2 Installed?

If so, in OE Tools/Options, Security tab, untick the options to block attachments and pictures.

Rebecca* 23:47 27 Sep 04

Yes windows xp with service pack 2. Don't use outlook express I use incredimail. I have copied the attachments to my pictures but still no luck opening. The ones that were not in folders open ok, but folders with multiple photos wont open. Then i did a search from my pictures for them and it found them but still dont open. Any more ideas. Thanks

VoG II 23:52 27 Sep 04

You need to contact your father and get him to send the individual photos, one folder full at a time.

Trying to attach a whole folder to an e-mail won't work. Unless somebody knows differently of course.

Rebecca* 00:07 28 Sep 04

Thanks VoG I'll see if he can open them and then re-send them. But seen as I sent them all at once to him wont he have the same problem.

Djohn 00:10 28 Sep 04

With sending them back and forth probably using different email applications will the file ext have changed VoG™ ?

VoG II 00:10 28 Sep 04

If you originally sent them by trying to attach whole folders to an e-mail, I suspect that this would not have worked as intended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…