[email protected]

KeithMH 23:48 13 Jun 03

Has anyone else come across this?

My brother's email address is ***.btopenworld, but whenever he sends a message to me, the address is shown as ***.bt.openworld (i.e. extra dot). This means that, when I reply to his messages, I have to change the address or it never arrives.

I've emailed btopenworld about it but (surprise surprise) have had no reply.

jazzypop 23:53 13 Jun 03

He has probably typed the wrong address in Outlook / Outlook Express for the return address. Get him to check the Properties of his email account.

otubby1 23:59 13 Jun 03

I could be wrong but isn't the senders address automatically headed by the system? Otherwise people could put whatever senders address they wanted? So even if you type the wrong address for yourself, it shouldn't matter.

KeithMH

The only time I have seen the extra dot is when I was on dialup, in my connection dialog box.

TBH1 00:09 14 Jun 03

I think jazzypop is 100% correct here - - in outlook express you do have the option to enter the reply email address - -I guess it defaults to sender unless you put something in there - - jazzypop, a gold star to you methinks

beeuuem 00:27 14 Jun 03

Of course jazzypop is right :-))

This refers to a similar problem.
click here

jazzypop 00:35 14 Jun 03

Your posted link got mangled, I think because there is a new format for addressing threads since the server upgrade.

Click on your link and you will get a 'page not found' error. Insert a ? (question mark) between the 'cfm' and 'go' part of the address in the browser bar and hit Enter, and the correct thread will be displayed.

Thanks for the kind words :)

F.E. - is this going to be a problem referring to previous threads?

beeuuem 00:40 14 Jun 03

Re: "old" links, I'm not even going to ask how you found that out!!!!!!

KeithMH 08:22 14 Jun 03

Many thanks for your tips, everybody. I'll get my brother to sort it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…