Email and Wanadoo

Diemmess 12:36 17 Mar 06

Can Wanadoo BB keep email details within the application rather than in Outlook Express?

G/daughter’s PC has truly blown PSU, Mobo and CPU.
Have scrounged around the family and assembled a better PC with a “new” HD which has yet to be reconnected at her home with Wanadoo BB

The old HD is readable when hung onto my own as a slave.
On mine it will even boot with time and a few flutters, when tried as master,.
On the “new PC” it won’t boot, gives a VFAT blue screen error.

I‘m told that e-mails with their Wanadoo were iffy to the point of useless with O.Express and that they managed with Wanadoo’s own!…. is that possible?

All personal data including pictures, classwork and so on have been transferred safely to the new.
I checked OE and only found Microsoft’s Welcome message. I’m out of my league here because I have only Aol experience.

Any pointers to where and how I might find any emails?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:46 17 Mar 06

Its is unlikely that emails are kept on the server unless requested.

Usually downloaded into OE and wiped from server but kept on local machine.

However if you have just been using the "check your emails on the web page they may still be on the server.

Hmm just done that with mine 28 e-mails not downloaded (mostly spam)

bretsky 13:07 17 Mar 06

"I‘m told that e-mails with their Wanadoo were iffy to the point of useless with O.Express and that they managed with Wanadoo’s own!…. is that possible?"

I have used Wanadoo BB for years, coupled with OE and no prolems what so ever, I now use Moz Thunderbird.

When I'm at work I check my email from the Wanadoo web page, read/delete and leave the ones I need and download them when I get home.

As Fruit Bat /\0/\, mostly spam.

bretsky ;0)

Diemmess 19:57 18 Mar 06

Thanks to you both

The reconstructed computer is working fine and the owners are happy, so clearly nothing vital has been lost!
One day I'll discover where their problems if any lie but I'm in no mood to make waves!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac