Email Viruses

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:27 29 Feb 04

I just had 3 emails all from different people that, i dont know well that arnt in my address book but i may be in theres all with the I-Worm-Netsky virus attached as zip or exe text file AVG found them and put them in the virus vault the only reason i knew they were there is i went to update AVG and noticed the vault had files in,i dont know if i should email back the people any ask if they know they Infected?.

Regards.

Audeal 22:30 29 Feb 04

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË:
We are all trying to combat this menace so it might be a good idea to let them know they are infected.

AL D. 22:31 29 Feb 04

if you don't know who they are, i suggest you block and bounce the offending emails.

Rennaissance 22:31 29 Feb 04

i also recieved a couple with found.exe or found.zip attached to it. Beware of these files.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:34 29 Feb 04

I didnt know the emails were infected AVG never told me it just delt with them and that was it,im a bit dubious about emailin some one i dont know and saying you got a virus might get a bit mad lol,i dont really want bounce any either cos it might end up somewere else and get passed on again.

Regards.

AL D. 22:46 29 Feb 04

if you bounce it only goes back to where it was sent from showing you don't exist. like junk postal mail the the post, i always return to sender.because they have to pay postage, They soon stop bothering me.

Audeal 22:47 29 Feb 04

Can you set your AVG to inform you when you receive a virus. I think that can be turned on/off. Wont help this time but might help should it happen again.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:51 29 Feb 04

There could be an option some where to let it tell you i know the Resident scan has a pop up but dont know about email scanner im knew to AVG7
and not found all the bells an whistles yet,i deleted the emails so i cant send/bounce them but i will if i get anymore.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…