Email Virus

Angela-231919 23:29 29 Sep 03

I have just found out I have received an email which contained a virus! I was given advice on how to delete this from the drives (its in all of them) but each time after I have sent them to the recycle bin and i search again they have reappeared. The only advice I got from Technical support was that I would have to take it to a shop and have it removed, anybody any cheaper suggestions???. Apparently this virus sits dormant for about two weeks, i'm still relatively new to the computing game and am self teaching so any help would be gratefully received. Thank You.

VoG II 23:32 29 Sep 03

What is the name of the virus? And what Windows are you using?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:33 29 Sep 03

You have got a current and up to date Anti-Virus?.......if not go here and do an online scan at click here. Any idea of the name of the virus?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:34 29 Sep 03

Wow! Doppleganger.

MAJ 23:35 29 Sep 03

Download Stinger click here but before running it, if you're using Windows ME or Windows XP, disable system restore to delete any restore points you might have that the virus could be hiding in. Run Stinger and if given the all clear re-activate System Restore. Details on how to de-activate System Restore are click here

Angela-231919 23:37 29 Sep 03

I have Windows Me and the virus has
a Teddy Bear icon then jdbgmgr.exe

VoG II 23:38 29 Sep 03

VoG II 23:39 29 Sep 03
  MAJ 23:41 29 Sep 03

Yup it's a hoax, Kizzee. Don't delete the file.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:51 29 Sep 03

An old one........the file is used by windows and has a gormless icon of a teddy bear that looks naff...oh how they must laugh at Microsoft.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:53 29 Sep 03

'The only advice I got from Technical support was that I would have to take it to a shop and have it removed'....TS want horse whipping for utter ignorance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…