Email Tracing

recap 15:02 04 Apr 07

I would like to find the sender of certain emails, the software I have found so far only shows where the ISP or server is based. Is there any software that can show the location of the sender?

Stuartli 15:05 04 Apr 07

If you have Outlook Express with the Preview Pane Disabled (and for security reasons this should be permanent), by right clicking on the e-mail listing you can then inspect its Properties.

These include the sender etc and you also have an opportunity to read the message without compromising security.

You can then Cancel as required and Delete (if you wish) by using the Tool bar's Delete button.

recap 15:11 04 Apr 07

Thanks Stuartli, I can do this, but I am really after finding the general geographical location -say Newcastle or Manchester - of the sender and not just their email address. I can do a trace of the ip address, but again this does not give the General geographic location.

Stuartli 15:15 04 Apr 07

See:

click here

click here

click here

There are other examples.

recap 15:28 04 Apr 07

Thanks Stuartli, your first link will help me a great deal. I downloaded whereisip but it does what the ones I have used in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…