email submission problem

User-1233144 17:50 25 Jan 08

I had a website created but can’t get hold of the person that created it for me. The problem is that when a visitor submits their contact details a message is displayed saying
'This form is being submitted using email. Submitting this form will reveal your email address to the recipient and will send the data without encrypting it for privacy. You may continue or cancel this submission'
Does anyone know how I can get rid of this and allow the message to be submitted freely? I’ve seen other sites where you can send a message without the above dialog box.

Thanks

ElanMan 20:20 25 Jan 08

If you have a dialog box popping up it sounds like javascript. If you post the url, I can take a look for you.
Are you able to edit the code if needed?

User-1233144 10:43 27 Jan 08

Thanks for your help Elanman the url is click here

Thanks

User-1233144 10:44 27 Jan 08

I forgot to mention I can edit the code.
Thanks

Forum Editor 11:01 27 Jan 08

you'll need to point your form submission to a server-side script. There are many, but the one I tend to use is this one:-

click here

It's free, easy to configure if you follow the intructions to the letter, and works perfectly.

User-1233144 11:51 27 Jan 08

Thanks for your reply. I'll have a go although I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at or doing.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…