Email stuck in outbox

lilythepink 22:17 06 May 09

I was trying to send photographs to my friend, only they have been stuck for days in my outbox, they will not delete or when I go offline, they still keep on saying "they are transmitting"
Any suggestions???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:33 06 May 09

If outlook express:-

My computer - C:\Documents and settings\your user name\My documents\Outlook Express\

delete outbox.dbx

Outlook will recreate it next time you open outlook.

Graham. 22:57 06 May 09

Send an email to yourself to test your setup.

Sea Urchin 00:47 07 May 09

For Outlook or Outlook Express

Click on File menu - select Work Offline - and you should then be able to delete the offending mail from your Outbox. Remember to select Work Offline again afterwards to go back online.

You may be trying to send a file that is too large - 10Mb is the maximum for many email clients.

Taff™ 08:15 07 May 09

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - surely by default the .dbx files are in c:\Documents & Settings\[Your User Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\[Folder with Alpha Numerics]\Micosoft\Outlook Express

These files may be hidden so before you look for them show hidden files. Use in any explorer Window the “Tools” menu and click “Folder Options”. On the “View tab”, look for the entry “Hidden files and folders” and there, select the option “Show hidden files and folders”.

I think Fruit Bat /\0/\ has (Sensibly) moved the OE Store Folder to his My Documents folder for ease of backing up!

john bunyan 09:00 07 May 09

What is the total size of the photo attachments? I had to send a big tiff file by cd and post as it was too big on e mail.

anchor 09:25 07 May 09

When you have sorted the outbox problem, send them via Rapidshare. You can send up to 200mb

click here

Picklefactory 10:31 07 May 09

Can you switch your Outlook to offline, close it and reopen (Still offline) and then delete it? It might be jammed as whenevr you open it online, it will be attempting to send.

lilythepink 20:08 07 May 09

STill not solved, and email is still trying to send the email..... any other suggestions?

john bunyan 22:35 07 May 09

What happened when you did what Sea Urchin and Picklefactory suggested? ie delete offline.

Taff™ 06:36 08 May 09

Or indeed when you deleted the Outbox as Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…