Email Spam

Pau1JB 14:15 05 Nov 04

I have noticed my computer slowing down and relised the virus scan was scanning out going email without me noticing. i didnt have email to send, it was when i disconnected the internet that a msg came up saying that a list of email cudnt be sent, and there subject was of spam mail content. so i tried updating my norton anti virus and scaning the computer, also used ad-aware and spybot but am not sure if the problem is fixed cause i got an email from my isp saying that it haws come to there antenion that my email address was sending spam.

any ideas what i can do?

thanks

Diodorus Siculus 14:55 05 Nov 04

Try an online scan: click here

Do you use a firewall? If so, look at its logs for info as to what traffic there is. If not, get one - eg sygate personal.

Cook2 15:33 05 Nov 04

Also try this click here

Pau1JB 14:52 06 Nov 04

But the problem is my computer is sending spam via a virus in the background and nothing i have can detect, has anyone else had this problem? of so what did u do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…