email shortcut on the desktop

Gorillaz 12:08 15 Jul 05

I have searched for this in the knowledge base but cannot find it.
There is a way of having a shortcut on your desktop that opens up outlook with an email address already inserted. It is something like mailto:joeblogs etc. Any help?

Pesala 12:16 15 Jul 05

I tried this from the Windows Run Command, (Windows Key + R) and typed in mailto:[email protected] - this opened up my default email client (Opera) in the compose window. I susepect it will work equally well for Outlook (or Outlook Express) if that is your default email client. Just create a desktop icon with the appropriate property in the target field.

Gorillaz 12:34 15 Jul 05

Thanks for reply unfortunately with Outlook XP 2003 it does not work. I know there is a way and I am sure that the tip was in a PC Advisor mag. Gone through everyone for the past couple of years with no luck.

VoG II 12:38 15 Jul 05
  VoG II 12:42 15 Jul 05

If you then right click the icon and select Properties and click the Change Icon button, you can select an Outlook icon.

Gorillaz 12:52 15 Jul 05

Just tried it and it works perfectly, thanks to evryone

Chris the Ancient 13:05 15 Jul 05

...but, interestingly, when it opens up the new message, I don't get my standard 'stationery' which includes a bit at the end with my "This email is intended only for...".

Can anyone make that desktop shortcut make it start OE with my standard stationery?

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…