email set up

blobbies 23:04 07 Jul 05

how do i set up an email account as i dont understand what to put in the servers box

VoG II 23:12 07 Jul 05

Which e-mail client are you using (Outlook Express?) and who is your account with?

scotty 23:23 07 Jul 05

I am with Virgin and the servers are named mail.virgin.net (for both send and receive)

It also accepts pop.virgin.net and smtp.virgin.net for the pop3 and smtp servers respectively.

As Vog says, tell us the name of your ISP and someone will know the names.

woodchip 00:02 08 Jul 05

For send it's

smtp.virgin.net

for receive it's

pop3.virgin.net

woodchip 00:04 08 Jul 05

sorry looking at wrong name but same still applies for your ISP but use it's name as above

VoG II 06:29 08 Jul 05

via e-mail.

account is yahoo.co.uk and i want to use it on outlook express

=======================================

Hopefully somebody will now be able to advise. Please reply using the Add a new response box at the bottom of this page. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

steve263000 07:26 08 Jul 05

As far as I know you cannot use a yahoo email address with Outlook or Outlook express. (although if I am wrong, someone will soon say so). You have to log in to yahoo and then mail. Your log in details are usually the names before the @ sign.i.e [email protected] you would put in "joeblooggs" then the password you have chosen. That will take you to your mail.

steve263000 07:26 08 Jul 05

As far as I know you cannot use a yahoo email address with Outlook or Outlook express. (although if I am wrong, someone will soon say so). You have to log in to yahoo and then mail. Your log in details are usually the names before the @ sign.i.e [email protected] you would put in "joeblooggs" then the password you have chosen. That will take you to your mail.

octal 07:34 08 Jul 05

How to setup yahoo.co.uk click here

octal 07:36 08 Jul 05

Sorry, it should be this link for Outlook Express click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…