email send funtion stuck!

allypally 11:02 05 Nov 07

My dad (who is well over 80!) tried to send me an email attachment by scanning it from his printer. He has done this loads of times before & it's always worked OK. This time the email got stuck, i.e. the green line on 'send & receive' showed green half way across and every time he opens his Outlook it still shows like that, so he can no longer send any messages at all. He can still receive OK, which strikes me as odd. Any suggestions? Thanks!

johnnyrocker 11:05 05 Nov 07

has he changed isp? or has isp made any changes to mail system?

johnny.

allypally 11:07 05 Nov 07

No, no changes to anything!

johnnyrocker 11:13 05 Nov 07

delete and recreate account then..

johnny.

johnnyrocker 11:16 05 Nov 07

on second thoughts no need if normal mail goes..

johnny

allypally 11:20 05 Nov 07

sorry - in one posting you say delete and recreate account, in the next you say no need??!
I think something DOES need to be done for him to get his send function back again!!
Any other suggestions?

VoG II 11:23 05 Nov 07

Try File > Work Offline.

Then go to the Outbox and delete the message from there.

Close OE and reopen it, Fule and untick Work Offline.

johnnyrocker 11:45 05 Nov 07

my second post was in case ordinary e mail worked ok then there was no point if e mails normally work ok.

johnn.

Technotiger 12:59 05 Nov 07

If all else above fails - try, close Outlook then re-open Outlook, if this does not clear it, try a System Restore just back a day or so before the problem started.

johnnyrocker 16:54 05 Nov 07

any update?

johnny.

allypally 18:55 05 Nov 07

Thanks everybody. Will try all suggestions but can't until I get up to my dad's house to have a go (at w/e) I daren't phone through the instructions in case he misunderstands ... by this time next week I should know if your suggestions work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…