email security problem.

yogibear 15:27 PM 31 Jul 11

This morning my mate forwarded an email he recieved from a friend in Canada, again this morning. In it was a link 'Must read this'.

When I clicked onto it, it opened up my wifes gmail inbox. Anyone come across this before?

Woolwell 18:23 PM 31 Jul 11

Did this open the webmail box?

Scan immediately for malware and viruses. This should not have happened by clicking on "must read this". Change your wife's gmail password too.

yogibear 21:25 PM 31 Jul 11

I've changed her password. When I checked the gmail settings, there was a tab 'authorising applications and sites' and when I clicked on it, it showed two Facebook applications had access to it. I deleted both them and her Facebook account.

yogibear 21:29 PM 31 Jul 11

I also spoke to the guy who sent it. He sent it to 187 contacts, his son had the same problem, he opened the link and it opened his wifes gmail inbox.

No one else has had a problem.

Woolwell 22:10 PM 31 Jul 11

"No one else has had a problem." - that he knows of. This has all the hallmarks of malware/virus.

yogibear 19:31 PM 09 Sep 11

Thanks everyone, changed all details, scanned pc every which way for nasties, so hopefully problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…