Email for second accounts

ened 06:34 19 Apr 05

Hello.

I have never used multiple accounts on one machine before.

I have administrator privilidges and set up the internet connection.

The other users seem to be unable to access the mail account through Outlook Express.

How can I enable them to, since the machine was set up for them not me?

ened 06:41 19 Apr 05

Sorry about the typo: it should be priviledges

handful 08:06 19 Apr 05

Each user account needs to be set up individually with it's own accounts. You can set up the same account for every user if you want but it would be very difficult to keep track of the emails as you can only view the ones opened using that user account. It is designed that way to allow every user to have the privacy of their own email account.

ened 16:57 19 Apr 05

Thanks for that.

I am with Freeserve and my email is: myname@***.fsnet,co.uk.
.Is it sufficient to change "myname" or do I need a new a/c from after the @?

I hope that makes sense.

handful 17:47 19 Apr 05

You will have to log onto your freeserve account and search for advice from there. It is usually simple to do (or is with Tiscali) I'm sorry but I don't know how Freeserve do their multiple email addresses.

Belatucadrus 19:23 19 Apr 05

Should be, I'm running two freeserve accounts one for myself and another for my PC phobic dad. The only difference is the "myname" part of the address.

brambles 20:17 19 Apr 05

In Outlook Express click on File / New Identity add new identity. Create the other mailbox there. Then all you have to do is to click on File/Switch Identities to move between the other accont(s). Then they switch back to the Master account. It works!

Brambles

ened 11:11 20 Apr 05

Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…