EMail Scanner - encrypted connection

pppc 20:49 12 Aug 04

I have just switched to broadband and an examination of my posts this week will show that I have found a lot of troubles!!

I am reunning W98SE, with Norton Anti-Virus and Sygate Personal Firewall. Last evening I ran the free system scans offered by Symantec and McAfee. I have no reason to believe I am infected (I have run Norton within the last ten minutes). My browser is FireFox; I use Eudora for email.

At the moment I am getting a continuous stream ) 6 - 8 an hour) of information windows headed 'EMail Scanner' advising me that 'an encrypted email connection has been detected.' and suggesting 'Please see help for more information on how to transmit enrypted information.'.

I have no clue what 'program' is generating the message; I do not recognise the icon; Windows Find is no help, so I am unable to "..see help.".

Does anyone know where it comes from, what it means and what I should do in response, or how I can kill it????

PeterC

Belatucadrus 22:59 12 Aug 04

could be SPIM, but without seeing it difficult to be sure click here for more info.

beeuuem 23:36 12 Aug 04

See click here
It suggests that you have 'Use SSL' checked in your mail settings. If you have are you sure that your ISP requires this?

pppc 07:53 13 Aug 04

Many thanks for replies.

I will read up the SPIM info at my leisure.

I have turned off SSL, which WAS on, but it has made no difference - I still continue to be inundated.

I think I'll go back to Outlook Express.

Thank you both again.

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…