email response opt-out

chub_tor 21:52 PM 19 Apr 11
Answered

With the old site there was a box to tick that meant that I did not get an email response to say that there was a new reply to my post. Is this possible on the new site and if so where is it?

lotvic 22:07 PM 19 Apr 11

It's the opposite way round now, you won't get an email unless you tick the box to 'subscribe to replies to this question' box that is below the compose box and just above the 'Post' button.

If you do subscribe and then change your mind later you have to click on the 'Unsubscribe' link in one of the emails.

birdface 22:23 PM 19 Apr 11

Or my profile and untick Allow users to subscribe to my posts. But I would leave it just now as we still get e-mail reply's but not as many as before.

lotvic 22:46 PM 19 Apr 11

"my profile and untick Allow users to subscribe to my posts"

I thought that was for 'Follow' as per the pop up when you click on someone's name (Follow someone whose posts you like and you'll be notified every time they post a message in the PC Advisor forum. You can unsubscribe at any time. You can choose not to be followed by other users by updating your My Profile page.)

birdface 23:25 PM 19 Apr 11

lotvic it could well be. I was not sure what it was for so I just keep it unticked. I was getting loads of e-mails from PCA so just tried anything to stop them.

lotvic 23:59 PM 19 Apr 11
Answer

Yeah we all got loads of emails at the start as the Subscribe box above 'Post' reply was initially ticked by default on New site. It has been altered/unticked by default now so you have to tick it to receive notification emails.

To unsubscribe/stop receiving emails for a thread you have to click on the Unsubscribe link in the email.

There was a thread about it at the time, but of course I can't find it now.

chub_tor 08:46 AM 20 Apr 11

Thank you very much all of you, this new site has been quite a learning curve for me. I was away when it first came in and missed all the tips and tricks that were posted earlier.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone