Email rerouted

tristar 14:20 17 Sep 10

For some time now I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird for my emails. In the last couple of days all my incoming emails have been rerouted to my btinternet page.
When I try to send an email, I get asked for passwords and told that btinternet does not recognise my password.
Is there a quick and easy way to reinstate my Thunderbird system?

Regards

Tristar
PS: Running Windows7 on my computer.

Sea Urchin 15:45 17 Sep 10

They haven't been "rerouted" to your btinternet webmail - that's where they go anyway. Your Thunderbird program collects them from there.

Check that all your settings are correct, and haven't become corrupted. Particularly check the server settings.

click here

tristar 16:22 17 Sep 10

Thank you, Sea Urchin. I did as you suggested and all went well till about stage 9. I didn't get the page saying 'account name' , instead I got:
'A mail or newsgroup with same user name and server name already exists(Me!).Click 'back', enter different server name, or click cancel.'
Not sure what to do about that?
Do I have to delete my account?

tristar

Sea Urchin 16:39 17 Sep 10

I was really suggesting that you carefully check all the settings for your account were correct. It sounds as if you are going through the process of setting up the account again.

I was going to suggest that if all the settings appeared to be correct then you should try setting up the account again - and yes, you would need to delete the account before re-entering it.

tristar 18:25 17 Sep 10

Yes, I did try to set up the account again, but now
I've done as you suggest and deleted the account and started again.
I'm happy to say I'm back in business, and very grateful for your help.
Thank you!

Regards,

tristar

Sea Urchin 20:01 17 Sep 10

Good to hear that you are "back in business" - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos