email relaying problem

suzie005 13:56 06 Nov 03

when i send myself mail to 02 from the ntl account or hotmail it's returned.tells me

Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH

haven't found an answer in here and a google search doesn't bring owt up that can help me.can sumbody tell me wot i have to do please.

cheers

recap 14:00 06 Nov 03

It should do it on both accounts. Make sure the address is correct.

suzie005 14:11 06 Nov 03

addy is right.i've never used the email actually but i set it up a few years ago while i was using the texting service.i just tried sending myself mail FROM the 02 account and i get the same message.

Morpheus? 14:18 06 Nov 03

why are you sending yourself mail? you might as well send yourself a letter, or if it is really important, tell yourself..I of course..jest

are other email being received ok?

suzie005 14:24 06 Nov 03

why the question mark.did u forget who u was again?

i sent myself mail cos i was expecting summat and it never arrived.wasn't sure if there were any problems with the site u c.the way things have been just lately it's probably quicker TO send myself a letter in the post.yes the mail is important cos i registered with a site and i need the password.

all other mail is ok at the sec.

suzie005 14:27 06 Nov 03

this is strange cos the mail i sent myself from the site has NOW arrived and the mail from the ntl account is there.

Morpheus? 14:38 06 Nov 03

the ? is something to do with PCA, if i put in "alt0169" it lands up as ?

anyway, are you now all sorted? or do you still want sorting out....

suzie005 14:47 06 Nov 03

i get ya love.i do remember seeing that a while back but haven't bin in much and thought it was sorted.

fine.sorted now i think.i've given the site one of my other email addy's for them to contact me on just in case.anymore help and i know where to come to

recap

thanks for the suggestion.i still don't know wot was going on but i do know that i had tried the addy out a few weeks ago and forgot about the problem.it was just that i wanted to use the addy for the registration.hopefully everything will be ok in the future.

sue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…