Email related message?

jonpep 16:24 26 Oct 04

When I try to contact a Company Customer Service I get " COULD NOT PERFORM THIS OPERATION BECAUSE THE DEFAULT MAIL CLIENT IS NOT PRPERLY INSTALLED"
is this fault something I am doing wrong? if so how do I correct it?

johnnyrocker 17:58 26 Oct 04

what e mail clients do you have on your machine?

johnny.

jonpep 18:11 26 Oct 04

Hello/
Thanks for coming in on this, I only have family & friends in my address book, if that answers your question.
I am not a computer boffin so please be easy on me, for technical details!

Dorsai 18:17 26 Oct 04

An e-mail client is the program on your PC that you use to send and receive E-mail. Such as Microsoft Outlook.

There are loads of others available, incredimail/thunderbird to name but two. Launch your e-mail program, and left click 'help' and the pick 'about' from the menu and it should tell you it's name.

Some internet companies supply their own program for e-mail, so also can you say who you get your internet connection from?

jonpep 18:27 26 Oct 04

Hello Dorsai/

I am wanadoo and I think it is webmail which deals with emails. Does that tell you anything,all my other emails I send with no problems, it appears to be only commercial addresse's.

Dorsai 18:36 26 Oct 04

Sorry, have no experiance with wannado, at all.

all i can suggest is opening a new thread titled somthing along the lines of,

"wannado e-mail problem"

Post a 'click here' link to your new thread onto this one, and mark this thread as closed.

Ideally the new title, which included wannado, will attract those here who have wannado, and hence experiance with it.

Sorry not to be more help.

Dorsai 19:16 26 Oct 04

For the new thread, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…