Email query

BLUELEN 20:29 28 Nov 06

My Dad's with Sky broadband. He has been trying to send an email to friends in the USA for the past couple of days but keeps getting the following message - " page isn't redirected properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that it will never complete."

It goes on to say that it could be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

He has been able to send and receive emails from myself and others in this country. Any ideas on what is causing this conflict. Thanks

BLUELEN 10:47 29 Nov 06

Any ideas please. Also his cookies are enabled. thanks

Kate B 10:53 29 Nov 06

Has he tried to send the email via another client or browser? I presume he's using some kind of webmail if he's doing it via Firefox?

BLUELEN 12:21 29 Nov 06

No he hasn't tried any other method. He is sending the mails thru sky.com email facility. He use to use outlook express before changing recently to sky as his isp. Just find it strange that he can send mails to me but no to this address in the USA.

timothywilliam 21:27 29 Nov 06

I have an E.mail contact on talk.talk and whilst he can send mails to me Outlook Express insists he doesn't exist when I reply. So I send them via Yahoo mail after months of trying. Its a real pain but whatever it is that causes it we haven't solved the problem.

That is no help to you but just to let you know you aren't alone !!

timothywilliam 21:27 29 Nov 06

I have an E.mail contact on talk.talk and whilst he can send mails to me Outlook Express insists he doesn't exist when I reply. So I send them via Yahoo mail after months of trying. Its a real pain but whatever it is that causes it we haven't solved the problem.

That is no help to you but just to let you know you aren't alone !!

terryf 21:29 29 Nov 06

He could log on to sky, open IE and copy the sky url from ff to ie, then try sending that way, ie may not be as picky as ff?

BLUELEN 07:34 30 Nov 06

thanks will give that a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced