Email 'programs'

PCUSELESS 17:29 14 Aug 08

I previously received some advice from mrwoowoo, Gandalf and ambra4 regarding purchasing a new family pc. I followed it and now have on order a Dell 530s and I went for the E8300 processor with 3GB memory. I hope the extra bit I paid is worth it over the E7200 with 2GB!!!
My current old PC uses Outlook Express for email. What I couldn't get explained to me clearly by Dell is how my email will be provided in the new machine. With Vista, is there something similar to Outlook which comes as standard to receive and send mail with? Once again it is a basic question but so far I seem to have received 3 different answers from Dell and 'experts' at PC World!! Therefore I thought I'd ask my gurus to make sure there isn't anything I should have ordered within the package. The only software I've ordered is Office Home & Student.
Thanks again guys

MAT ALAN 18:25 14 Aug 08

click here

this is the default mail prog...

aine 20:31 14 Aug 08

If your new PC is loaded with Vista it will have already loaded windows mail, this is similiar to outlook express and easy to configure

FatboySlim71 21:45 14 Aug 08

I purchased a PC a few months ago that has Vista Ultimate and it does come with Windows Mail.

I only occasionally use the Windows Mail program as I have Outlook 2007 (which is part of the Office 2007 package), but I found Windows Mail easy to set up and easy to find your way around it, IMO I think it is better than Outlook Express.

lotvic 23:20 14 Aug 08

Windows Mail is provided with Vista

Windows Live Mail is downloadable for free

from Microsoft windows help click here
""Windows Mail is the mail program included in Windows Vista. Outlook Express is the mail program included in Windows XP. Windows Live Mail includes the familiar features of both Windows Mail and Outlook Express, plus other features, including the ability to automatically enter the correct settings for e?mail servers used by many popular e?mail services.

Windows Live Mail is not included in Windows Vista or Windows XP. You can download Windows Live Mail from the Windows Live Mail website.""

lotvic 23:24 14 Aug 08

e?mail = e-mail
(I copied and pasted from USA website and it changed the - into a ?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…