Email program

Madrat 15:51 31 Oct 08

Can anyone recomend an email program that looks simaler to OE6 and will work with Windows ME please

Madrat 16:24 31 Oct 08

No I want a program like OE but not OE

Technotiger 16:45 31 Oct 08

This will work with ME click here

Rahere 22:38 31 Oct 08

sorry technotiger but everyone should avoid incredimail like the plague.

fiatman - try Mozilla thunderbird instead which isn't perfect but is fairly similar to OE and is compatible with ME
click here

**REPEAT AVOID INCREDIMAIL**
I've tried to rescue data on enough pcs with this program installed to know it's an awful program!

It's borderline malware, supported by advertising unless you pay for the lousy thing, which hogs system resources. It's practically impossible to retrieve your emails with any other program once it's installed - it starts collecting in the background even before you can start another. When it goes wrong your emails are more less gone, no chance of retrieving them.

Apologies again to technotiger but I have strong feelings on this one!

Technotiger 22:44 31 Oct 08

That's a very broad statement - I have been using Incredimail for years, and was a Beta tester for it when it first came on the scene. There were problems in the early days, as there usually are with any new software. However, for the last few years it has been brilliant. I love Incredimail, as do all my relatives and friends.

I would never recommend a program to other users, unless I was absolutely sure that it was extremely safe and reliable to use.

I repeat - Incredimail IS brilliant!

woodchip 22:48 31 Oct 08

Netscape as it own e=mail program I use it. click here

birdface 23:10 31 Oct 08

I will side with Technotiger on this.I have been using Incredimail for 4 or 5 years and have had no problems with it.I would recommend it to anyone.I also have outlook express and can use that if needed but it is so boring.

Madrat 23:36 31 Oct 08

Well I think I have managed to get OE6 to work on both computers,(fingers crossed) there was a box I had to tick on the sky email settings.

As far as incredimail goes I would avoid it at all costs, I did use it for years but had constant problems with spam, I also had lots of other little anoying problems that disapeard as soon as I got rid of it. Shame realy as it is a very fun program to use.

birdface 12:41 01 Nov 08

I use E-prompter to open my E-Mails.And I can assure you I very seldom get any spam at all.If I got 3 spam e-mails a week I would class that as a bad week.It would be great having an e-mail provider where you never got any spam.Is there one.

Technotiger 12:43 01 Nov 08

I almost never get any spam with my Incredimail - and I mean almost Never! Certainly is not even a tiny problem.

Madrat 13:20 01 Nov 08

I have to say I never get spam with sky email. There spam filter seams to be extreamly good, it stops the spam from being downloaded to OE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now