email probs / address book

kane_2001 20:09 11 Jul 04

I had to format Xp last night after a virus, fortunately I managed to save my address book first. Unfortunately, I highlighted all contacts and copied/pasted them onto a blank word doc. Now I can open the word doc but I cannot export or open the contact info, there are something called vcf files. Does anyone know how to open these or any other programsto use? A lot of my contacts I can only get to through email.

Night Ryder 20:24 11 Jul 04

Regret to say this is the wrong way to save your contacts. You should have used the export facility in "Outlook" or "Outlook Express" to save you contacts to a file and not cut and paste as you've done. I don't know of any way you can now import your contacts from the file you've just created. Sorry.

VoG II 20:30 11 Jul 04

Which e-mail program do you use? If it is Outlook, there may be a way. If it is Outlook Express, I'm afraid that I think you've got a lot of typing to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…