email problems with blueyonder

BLUELEN 16:48 01 Sep 03

My father has just signed up with blueyonder but is unable to send emails with the email address he has created.The one that blueyonder gave him when he registered and his old freeserve one are there when he creates a new mail but not the one he created. any ideas on what he needs to do please. Also when he tries to access a part of the blueyonder email site called "selfcare" he keeps getting a line72 error but when he tries to de-bug it says system module not found. Any advice will be gratefully received Thanks Bluelen

BarryKeith 17:39 01 Sep 03

To have an alternative address you need to open a new mailbox, this would be your account name with "_1" after it. If you log on using that address, you can send e-mails totally separated from your primary e-mail account. You can use an alternative name (Alias.), but must log on using the account name and password.
I use this arrangement to provide my daughter with a mailbox as her ISP does not provide one, the only drawback is that she has to go to BY's e-mail site to send anything as she is not on BY.
The problem with selfcare may well have been cleared up by the time you read this, if not, contact BY and get them to fix it. I have found them to be very helpful when I've had any problems.

harry_b 18:36 01 Sep 03

if he created the alias on the website then he also has to configure outlook or outlook express to use it, in outlook express go to tools, accounts, press mail tab then the add button, the details will be the same as the other blueyonder account except the e-mail address and username, password

BLUELEN 23:00 05 Sep 03

Thanks for help - problem solved though have just found he has a virus to. However I think this can be solved by various postings today. thanks for help on all accounts. Bluelen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…