Email problems

the old man 09:33 10 May 09

Good morning.
I use Talktalk and have had no problems downloading emails into thunderbird. That is until I have started to use AVG 8.5 free. I have posted a problem a few days ago where I could not even download emails and could only do it by disabling email scanner. That problem has now sorted itself out. Now however whenever I try to access new emails AVG wants to download over 7000 emails I have on the server. I dont delete them just in case I get anything that refers to an old email. My options in Thunderbird have not been changed and it seems as if AVG has decided to do this all on its own.

Sea Urchin 14:15 10 May 09

If you ask Thunderbird to leave a copy of the messages on the server then it WILL download the whole lot each time. The only way to stop that is to delete them from the server.

If you want to save messages then download them and save in your computer (or to disk etc)

Pineman100 15:31 10 May 09

Alternatively, don't use an email client - use webmail. Then you have the choice to delete them after reading, or leave them on the server (up to the your maximum allocated storage capacity).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced