Email problems

dazza39 10:23 24 Apr 04

I seem to have a problem it that everytime i open outlook express 6,to check my emails my virus software kicks in and neuralised them as its detected viruses,i seem to get a load of emails saying i failed to deliver a mail and it shows my email address,but i haven't sent anything.My virus software says its an Exploit/Frame and stops it,but it keps repeating everytime i open Outlook,have tried scannow and thats fine.'m running XP Home

johnnyrocker 10:34 24 Apr 04

run a sweep with system restore disabled should solve the prob.

johnny.

mgmcc 12:44 24 Apr 04

If your email address has been 'harvested' from the address book of a virus infected computer, there are probably virus laden emails being sent with your address in the "From:" field. If any of these emails subsequently bounce, they will come back to you.

dazza39 11:36 25 Apr 04

So how do i resolve this?

mgmcc 13:01 25 Apr 04

If your email address has got into the "nasties" system, there is nothing at all that you can do about it, other than change your email address. The bounced messages should stop in a few days though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…