email problem with windows live and incredimail

BeeWee 07 Sep 11

Alright...here's the problem I have 2 laptops and am trying to move the whole of windows live email....contacts, inbox, saved etc from laptop 1 to laptop 2

laptop 1 runs vista laptop 2 runs windows 7.

I have set up incredimail on laptop 2 and am sending and receiveing mail without problems, however i need to import all of my old stuff (as above) from laptop 1 to laptop 2. Any help gratefully accepted

Sea Urchin 07 Sep 11

You need to save all the settings from laptop 1 and transfer to an external flash drive - then reinstate on laptop 2 using the following guide.

http://help.incredimail.com/english/help/im/transfer_incredimail.html

BeeWee 07 Sep 11

thank you for your speedy response. i should have mentiined that i don't have incredimail on laptop 1. the email client is windows mail (not windows live mail)

northumbria61 07 Sep 11

As per Sea Urchin - Save all your settings from Laptop 1 (ie:export your contacts/messages) to external flash drive - then on Laptop 2 with Incredimail on go to File - Import & Export - Import messages/Import Contacts - select an email program to import from.

You won't lose anything by trying this as you are only copying your data from Laptop 1 to Laptop 2 via the external flash drive.

northumbria61 07 Sep 11

I should have added that I can't confirm that this will work with Windows Mail (that which you are transferring from) as I have never had or use Windows Mail.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message