email problem with windows live and incredimail

BeeWee 09:12 AM 07 Sep 11
Locked's the problem I have 2 laptops and am trying to move the whole of windows live email....contacts, inbox, saved etc from laptop 1 to laptop 2

laptop 1 runs vista laptop 2 runs windows 7.

I have set up incredimail on laptop 2 and am sending and receiveing mail without problems, however i need to import all of my old stuff (as above) from laptop 1 to laptop 2. Any help gratefully accepted

Sea Urchin 10:13 AM 07 Sep 11

You need to save all the settings from laptop 1 and transfer to an external flash drive - then reinstate on laptop 2 using the following guide.

BeeWee 10:26 AM 07 Sep 11

thank you for your speedy response. i should have mentiined that i don't have incredimail on laptop 1. the email client is windows mail (not windows live mail)

northumbria61 11:31 AM 07 Sep 11

As per Sea Urchin - Save all your settings from Laptop 1 (ie:export your contacts/messages) to external flash drive - then on Laptop 2 with Incredimail on go to File - Import & Export - Import messages/Import Contacts - select an email program to import from.

You won't lose anything by trying this as you are only copying your data from Laptop 1 to Laptop 2 via the external flash drive.

northumbria61 11:34 AM 07 Sep 11

I should have added that I can't confirm that this will work with Windows Mail (that which you are transferring from) as I have never had or use Windows Mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know