email problem - please help

Camille 17:14 22 Mar 04

I have 2 email addresses, one which I use exclusively for my pupils to email work to me and which is set up on outlook express and the other for general use.
I used the school email address to email some attachments to myself and got the following failed delivery message:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

slipz_net @
(generated from [email protected])
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO: slipz_net @>:
host mx1. mail. ukl. []: 553 VS10-RT Possible forgery or deactivated due to abuse (#5.1.1)

This has never happened before. Now, if I try to email attachments to myself, I can open the message but not the attachments - all I get is a page which says
The specified email address is invalid – please check and retry. (23)

What has happened and how do I rectify it?

I keep Norton AV and spybot up to date and do weekly checks - my system is, apparently, clean

cycoze 17:25 22 Mar 04

Seems like Yahoo is treating the Emails as spam click here see under "Please do NOT use this form to report spam."

Check the Yahoo spam control ?

Camille 17:33 22 Mar 04

Does it make any difference that I don't use Yahoo? Both my addresses are Tiscali. Is it any coincidence that this occurred a couple of days after Norton detected a couple of emails with viruses (which I deleted)

Camille 17:53 22 Mar 04

Well, I completed the form at the link you gave. I'm not convinced it'll help, though, as it seems aimed at Yahoo users.

Since my address is for my 15yr old pupils, I just wonder if one of them has been up to no good - but I don't quite know what they could have done

recap 17:56 22 Mar 04

Because of "Possible forgery" content in the error message I would suggest that you update and run your Anti-Virus program.

Camille 18:03 22 Mar 04

Did that immediately after receiving the message. Norton says I'm clean (as does Spybot and Adaware). Tried to email again and same problem occurred.

Camille 18:22 22 Mar 04

Out of interest, ran Hijack This, which identified 2 possible suspects - can anyone check these (or at least tell me where I can find information on how to do it myself)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{61AB31C3-8C50-4837-8D9F-6E6EBD043BC7}: NameServer =
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{61AB31C3-8C50-4837-8D9F-6E6EBD043BC7}: NameServer =

cycoze 21:37 22 Mar 04

Sorry Camille , i was goin by the addy you posted ,yahoo , i`ll have a look around to see what else i canfind out.

cycoze 21:55 22 Mar 04

What was on the log just prior to those registry entries ? is a Worldonline/Tiscali Address , to which no mail can be sent .

Camille 22:08 22 Mar 04

not sure what you mean - the entry before those 2 is
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - click here

if you mean in a previous log, I couldn't tell you.

I've worked out that the 212 numbers are DNS servers for Tiscali Unlimited (although now I'm on Tiscali B/band should that be different?)

cycoze 22:11 22 Mar 04

Can i try to get this straight ? your sending an email from school to home , after sending your getting a failed delivery message on the school computer , is this correct ?

You also say "I keep Norton AV and spybot up to date and do weekly checks - my system is, apparently, clean ", is this home computer or school computer ?

And when you try to open the attachments at home there not found ?

If the above is correct then it might be fair to say the school computer might have something on it , can you clarify please .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…