email problem since connecting to Belkin router

labelman2 00:32 24 Nov 05

Hi
I am unable to receive emails (thunderbird) but sending is OK. I have disabled firewall (sygate) and AVG but still no joy which seems to point to the router (Belkin F5D7632/4).
Any help would be most appreciated.
Mike

Taff™ 10:22 24 Nov 05

Doubt if it`s the router but check the ports that Thunderbird are using against those allowed on the router. Can you receive e-mails by using a dial up connection?

labelman2 11:07 24 Nov 05

Hi Taff
Can't receive e-mails by direct connection either. Not sure how to check ports router allows, have looked but can only find the 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.100 which is nothing like the port thunderbird uses.
Mike

Taff™ 10:11 25 Nov 05

I would double check the incoming mail server settings in Thunderbird itself. If it isn`t working with a direct dial up connection that means it probably hasn`t anything to do with the router. Try looking at the Thunderbird support site click here

labelman2 23:24 25 Nov 05

Thanks for your suggestions Taff.
There is a strange twist in the tail to my problem.
In desperation I disconnected the router and connected back through my old wired broadband modem and the e-mail connection was absolutely fine, I've found the problem I thought, it must be the router.
So I reconnected wirelessly determined to track down the fault, however, the e-mail worked perfectly. I'm sure I don't have a clue why this happened but anyway it works.
Once again, thanks for your response.
Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…