Email Problem!!!

KrySTaL-KoDE 11:36 03 Mar 03

Please someone help me, as this is driving me crazy!!

I tried to send email from my hotmail account to the address [email protected]. I know that this address isn't wrong because I could send before. But today when I tried, a failure notice was returned to me with the following message:

The original message was received at Mon, 3 Mar 2003 03:20:18 -0800 (PST)
from []

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
[email protected]
(reason: 550 Unable to relay for [email protected])
(expanded from: [email protected]>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to
>>> DATA
550 Unable to relay for [email protected]
550 5.1.1 [email protected]... User unknown
554 No valid recipients

So I tried again with my Yahoo! account. This time the following message was received:

Message from
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

[email protected]>: does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Unable to relay for
[email protected]
Giving up on

Please somebody out there help me, as this is crucial to my further education. I'd be eternally grateful if someone could come up with a solution to this.

dalgy 11:38 03 Mar 03

they could just be having problems there end try getting in touch to see if they have email problems. If you cant contact them I would say just try again later

KrySTaL-KoDE 11:41 03 Mar 03

Thanks for that. By the way, I used the email addresses I found at the web pages:

click here

click here

I hope this can help you to troubleshoot my problem.

Pesala 11:42 03 Mar 03

Looking at the address you have cslanet.calstatela

Is it "csla" or "cals"

dalgy 11:44 03 Mar 03
  KrySTaL-KoDE 11:52 03 Mar 03

Pesala, thanks, but I'm sorry to say that it was what one of the links was pointing to, and thus couldn't be a typo on my part. Nevertheless, I will try your suggestion. I think CSLA stands for California State university in Los Angeles.

Dalgy, yes, I've tried that. It still won't work. May I ask: is there a chance that something is wrong at their end? If so, how big would be the chance?

dalgy 11:53 03 Mar 03

I'd say there is a big chance of the problem been there end email servers can go down all the time.

MalcSP 12:26 03 Mar 03

their web site. It's on click here. Try from there. If it still fails you KNOW it's there end!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…