Email Problem

DJM 09:52 01 Feb 03

I use Outlook Express for email and when I email from within Outlook Express there is no problem. When I try to email via a link in another program (Internet Explorer, Word etc.) I get a box asking me to choose the profile.

I have looked in Tools, Internet Options, Programs in IE and there is no application associated with e-mail. My only option though is Outlook, not Outlook Express. In newsgroups there is the OE option. What has happened? Where has the OE option gone? How can I get it back?

I have resorted to copy and pasting email addresses into an email in OE but this isn't ideal....

Any advice would be gratefully received!

acfc 09:59 01 Feb 03

In outlook express go to Tools/Options

Under the general tab make sure 'This application is the default Mail handler' is set (at the bottom of the page).

Hope it works

acfc

DJM 18:05 01 Feb 03

acfc

I just tried that. I set it as the default mail handler and now when I try to email from a link IE opens 20+ windows and I get a message saying the default mail handler is not properly installed. I went back to OE and it is no longer the default. Tried again, shutting down between setting it as the default and trying to send an email, and the same happened again. Any more ideas? The only thing I can think of is to unistall OE but would I then loose all my email addresses and things?

Irishman 18:22 01 Feb 03

You can back up your address book etc under the file command or simply export them into Outlook, reinstall OE and import them from Outlook. Have you checked for virus? Sounds like something does not want OE running as the default.

DJM 18:29 01 Feb 03

I ran a virus scan last night and all was OK. How do I back up the messages and things? The only option I have in the File menu is to export them to Outlook Express or Microsoft Exchange (not even sure what this is!) but no Backup option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…