email problem

carnoustiejim 21:08 PM 05 Oct 12

hi my friend reinstalled windows 7 im trying to reconnect my windows live email account can you tell me how to do it as io had some emails i need thanks kirriejim my broadband is with talktalk

iscanut2 21:21 PM 05 Oct 12

You need to find your Talk Talk info and look up the settings for your POP Mail Server and user name as well as the Outgoing Server SMTP settings. These details need to be entered as your account settings. Perhaps a Talk Talk user out there can be more helpful ?

rdave13 21:48 PM 05 Oct 12

A bit puzzled by your question. You have a friend that has re-installed 7 and you ask " im trying to reconnect my windows live email account can you tell me how to do it as io had some emails i need thanks kirriejim my broadband is with talktalk"

Why did your 'friend' re-install Windows 7 on your PC in the first place?

Ask your friend to sort it, is the best advice I can give. That's what friends are for, isn't it?

carnoustiejim 21:59 PM 05 Oct 12

hi guys thanks for info the reason im asking is my friend has left on hols i thought i could open up windows live and enter my password etc and it would connect me to my email account rather than wait for him to return thanks again kirriejim

rdave13 22:18 PM 05 Oct 12

If you've installed 'Live Essentials' including Live Mail then you should be able to log in to your 'Live account'. It's 'cloud' based and you can do it on any PC. That's why I am puzzled by your question.

Woolwell 22:32 PM 05 Oct 12

rdave13 - I think that the OP has a talktalk email address and uses Windows Live Mail to access it.

We will need to know if your account is with talktalk and then, if that is the case, then you will need to input your settings as iscanut has stated.

rdave13 23:50 PM 05 Oct 12

Not sure if I should post this but freely available on Godoogle, Duw it was hard.

Hope it helps.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…