Email problem

brambles 17:05 PM 29 Feb 12

I am receiving email from a relative, which is copied to 5 other email addresses all of which are authentic. The message contains a silly link to an American website guiding people on how to run a business from home.

These emails have not been originated by my relative, they are being sent almost every day. Can anyone advise me whether there are any serious implications with someone having apparently hijacked some of his email contacts.

MAJ 21:27 PM 29 Feb 12

Not necessarily "someone having apparently hijacked some of his email contacts" but rather some spyware or virus. Get him to scan his computer with the usual anti-spyware programs like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

MAJ 21:31 PM 29 Feb 12

That last link didn't turn out right, try this one.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

brambles 23:20 PM 29 Feb 12

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond MAJ I do appreciate it .

Cymro. 11:19 AM 02 Mar 12

I had a very similar problem a couple of months ago. I changed my Email password and made sure I did not just switch from my Email program bur actually logged off after finishing with it. I also did the usual scan for viruses etc. but found nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…