Email problem

superhoops 21:59 07 Jul 10

Hi all

I have always accessed my email on my iphone 3gs and then later when I turn on Thunderbird on the laptop the same emails are there as well as accessing email on the iphone doesn't delete the mail from the server

Recently some, but not all my email is also on Thunderbird when I switch it on. This has been going on for a few weeks now. As an example, today I received 9 emails on my iphone but only four are on Thunderbird.

Theemail setting on the iphone is "never delete from server" so that should be correct.

Any ideas anyone, cheers in advance. Hoops

lotvic 22:15 07 Jul 10

On laptop log on to the email server (web mail) and have a look to see if the missing emails are still there (they should be if setting on the iphone is "never delete from server")
also in Thunderbird check that the email addresses are not blocked etc. in your email rules.

superhoops 00:00 08 Jul 10

Hi
Yes they are in webmail. The email addresses are not blocked, they are regular contacts.

What is strange now is that the email that PC Advisor send you to let you know that you have a reply to your forum posting has come through on Thunderbird but not iphone, so the reverse of what has been happening!!

danielgent 02:10 08 Jul 10

you sure that isn't a seperate problem and thunderbird isn't set to delete from server? Hows Thunderbird connected? IMAP or POP3? And who is your email provider?

superhoops 06:33 08 Jul 10

Yes Thunderbird will delete from the server when the message is read in Thunderbird. But normally it would have been pushed at the same time to the iphone.

Kevin-1416101 09:33 08 Jul 10

i think lotvic provides the right solution..
Stuck with the same day before....can any one explain me....

lotvic 11:38 08 Jul 10

groundhog day? ;-)

superhoops, if you collected pca email on Thunderbird before phone then, as per your settings, said email would have been deleted from server so wouldn't be there for phone to collect.

superhoops 23:32 08 Jul 10

lotvic
I think I see what you are saying, though I have my iphone set to push emails regularly ( it does, in fact, pick up and notify me of emails right through the day. So wouldnt it have gone to the iphone same time as thunderbird?

However, my main problem is emails not turning up on thunderbird. This is particularly a problem when I get sent wmv files that cant be played on the iphone. If they arent on thunderbird when I get home it is a problem ( I have to forward them to myself).

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac