Email Problem

Mad Mick 15:31 09 Jun 08

I am having problem downloading email from btopenworld. The message starts to download and then I get an error message as follows:- Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR problem retrieving message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Has anyone any ideas what the problem might be?

crosstrainer 15:56 09 Jun 08

Sounds as if the mail server is down.

Check that all your mail settings are correct.

Mad Mick 17:22 09 Jun 08

Thanks crosstrainer for your input. I have spent 70 minutes speaking to a clown in BT's call centre who was unable to help except to blame Windows mail for the problem. I can send and receive email but I still receive an error message when I click on send/receive and then all my other messages download properly.

It looks loike there is one message stuck and won't download.

johnnyrocker 17:24 09 Jun 08

can you try and access your mail on the web and delete via that?

johnny

Mad Mick 17:32 09 Jun 08

Can you give me a pointer on how I sign on to a btopenworld email address using the net. I only use windows mail.

wee eddie 17:50 09 Jun 08

and Log in with your Password. then open the e-mail tag on the Home Page.

You may find that you have a very large or corrupt message in your Inbox. Just delete it.

Mad Mick 18:35 09 Jun 08

That takes me to my Talk21 webmail account. Any idea how to go from my home page to my pop 3 email account by using the web?. I am a BT broadband customer running Vista home premium.

wee eddie 19:06 09 Jun 08

and log in.

Then view your mail on-line

Sea Urchin 19:15 09 Jun 08

Comes under BT Yahoo

click here

Mad Mick 19:28 09 Jun 08

Thanks to everyone so far. the problem is that I have two email addresses, one I access through my home page and on I access through Windows Mail as a Pop3 email address.

I had the difficulties as mentioned in the opening thread and have been advised that I could view the offending email by accessing my Pop 3 email account through a web page.

When I try to do this through my home page it automatically defaults to my Talk21 account.

The Talk21 account is a hangover from my very early days with BT and I am now nailed to it forever!!!

Sea Urchin 19:34 09 Jun 08

When you get to the signing in page click on "sign in as a different user" and type in the address and password for your "POP3" account

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…