email problem

rothes 19:40 28 Sep 05

help again please - using OE my emails are being returned with the same message " relaying of emails to xxxx " are not allowed, also I have noticed when composing email on OE there is a box above to " To " box, which reads " from " and my address is there, can't recall seeing this before .. any help much appreciated

mgmcc 19:47 28 Sep 05

Make sure you are sending mail using the SMTP server of the ISP that you are connecting to the internet with, regardless of the email address in your outgoing messages and regardless of the ISP(s) you collect mail from.

DieSse 22:57 28 Sep 05

"relaying of emails to xxxx " are not allowed"

Go into the properties for your email account, and tick the box "My server requires Authentification"

"on OE there is a box above to " To " box, which reads " from " and my address is there"

This happens when you have more than one email account - it enables you to choose which account you use for sending from.

If you haven't recently set up a new emal account, look in your account settings at what's there, and post back if you need more help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…