email problem

Hangus 08:30 16 Aug 05

I keep getting duplicate copies of every email that i receive. I only have one email account. The only thing i can see is that my mail server name keeps changing from pop.freeserve.net to 127.0.0.1 for some reason. the only other thing I can think of is that my spamkiller (McAfee) is somehow conflicting, although McAfee deny this and are unable to help. Any suggestions as to why the settings keep changing on their own and why I get duplicate mails?

Eric10 08:57 16 Aug 05

There may be something on this page or its links to Microsoft articles. click here

BH34 09:00 16 Aug 05

If a POP3 mail account is configured to leave a copy of messages on the server (Tools, Accounts, [the account], Properties, Advanced), OE downloads the same messages during a send or receive session. Duplicate message will also be downloaded which can occur if the file Pop3uidl.dbx is corrupted. This file keeps track of which messages on the server have already been downloaded and should therefore be skipped on subsequent downloads, [Q216366] and [Q314578].

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…