email problem

ispahan 14:54 06 Jun 04

I was sent an attachment from a friend but when its downloaded I get this message
"Cannot open this file it does not appear to be a valid archive.

Diodorus Siculus 14:57 06 Jun 04

What sort of extension has it? .zip? If so, it may be corrupted. Ask your friend to resend it.

Fruit Bat 15:00 06 Jun 04

Sounds like you have been sent a compressed file what is the file type (last 3 letters) .zip .arc .raw ? The file may be corrupt and your friend might have to resend it or your Compression software (Winzip PKzip) might not recognise it.

Most likelly the firrst option.

/\0/\

ispahan 15:14 06 Jun 04

It was initially sent as a zip but when I used an evaluation Winzip after going through all procedures up come the Cannot open mess.
My friend then sent me an unzipped copy but when I downloaded it opened the winzip wizard and after going through the proceedures again Cannot open!

ispahan 15:21 06 Jun 04

The file has xls asa the extension and I think that stands for Excel which I dont have. would that be the problem

ispahan 15:21 06 Jun 04

The file has xls asa the extension and I think that stands for Excel which I dont have. would that be the problem

Diodorus Siculus 15:26 06 Jun 04

xls is excel; MS have a viewer for Excel files - do a search on the MS site and you will find it.

Diodorus Siculus 15:28 06 Jun 04

click here for the link.

ispahan 15:41 06 Jun 04

Thank you Diodorus Siculus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…