email problem

bigray 14:19 06 Dec 03

I run win xp pro, friend & I can both recieve & send emails but she
cannot recieve from me, when I send or reply to her emails I get the mail back ( The original message was received at Sat, 6 Dec 2003 06:25:46 GMT
from bb-md1.onetel.net.uk [212.67.120.193]

----- The following addresses had permanent delivery errors -----
her email.net )

even though I sent the message her email .com
when she was with AOL we had no problem & that was a dot com email, can any one help, onetel cant help, if it is my pc, does any one know what could be wrong, some one said I need .net ectensions, whatever that is.

Diodorus Siculus 14:26 06 Dec 03

It sounds as if you have the incorrect email address: give details of her ISP and the format of her address - eg my.name@myISP.com

It may be isp.com /.net /.co.uk / .org (unlikely though).

If you tell us the name of her ISP, someone may be able to tell the format the address should be.

recap 14:30 06 Dec 03

Do a Reply to one of her emails to see if it get's sent. If it does then just copy and paster her address into your address book.

Diodorus Siculus 14:32 06 Dec 03

I read your post again: it seems that her ISP is onetel so the email address should be something like:

myname@onetel.net.uk

If that is not the format in use now, give it a try.

bigray 14:37 06 Dec 03

many thanks Diodorus Siculus & recap we are both on onetel, her email ends in dot com, mine in dot net, even if I reply to her email it comes back with same message all settings are correct on both machines ( I set hers up )onetel have checked both machines over the phone,

recap 14:48 06 Dec 03

Try setting up a new account to see if you get a .com address.

bigray 14:53 06 Dec 03

tried that

recap 14:59 06 Dec 03

Is there any error code numbers within the body of the error message?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced