email pictures forwarded to me I get just a red x

lordav 12:30 27 Jul 03

When I get some email pictures forwarded to me I get just a red x this is so frustrating please Help.

Lorna

Peverelli 15:01 27 Jul 03

Does this happen every time or just with emails from one particular person?

bennyc 15:13 27 Jul 03

What software or provider is this ???

rickf 15:23 27 Jul 03

If it happens with say website pics as well then you need to download and install java. What os are you using? If winxp then you'll have to install ie6 service pack 1, then go into internet options and under programmes enable MSV machine.

goonerbill 15:54 27 Jul 03

it may be that you dont have the right software to view the files. theres a prog called infanview (iview380) the latest version, try that.

lordav 16:04 27 Jul 03

It doesnt happen all the time maimly one person.
doesnt happen on web sites I am running windows XP IE6 with all current downloads

Valvegrid 16:11 27 Jul 03

Ask them what file they are sending you, mostly jpegs or gif files are no problem, also ask them to attach the file then when you receive it, save it before opening it, I have seen this happen at work on or intranet system on a number of occasions.

Paul.

Valvegrid 16:13 27 Jul 03

Don't forget to virus scan the saved file, just in case :-)

lordav 16:34 27 Jul 03

I have had this happen before a good while agoo and it was something to do with settings at teh senders end but cant remember. Its my cottonwool candy head

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…