//some 3rd party need geo

email photos

greigas 08:58 19 Jan 05

Hi, Can anyone suggest the optimum size of photo to send and the best way to reduce the image for sending from my photo files? I have u lead photo express on a 56k connection (hoping to move to broadband soon). Also how do u get the optimum picture quality?

Cheers Alan

Andsome 09:03 19 Jan 05

If you use XP, just right click on the photo in question and select 'SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT', you will be offered the chance for Windows to reduce the size of the photo to a size suitable for transmission.

Brumas 23:33 19 Jan 05

Have you tried Picasa2 ,a fantastic free utility. Just select the image and click on the email tab at the bottom and it does it all automatically.
I have never entered a link before so if this attempt at one doesn't work just Google it.
click here

Cheers Brumas

greigas 08:56 20 Jan 05

Thanks for the replies. To andsome this is okay however how could u create mail first then attach a photo. I want to know how to reduce the image size before u attach it?

Cheers Alan

Laser157 09:02 20 Jan 05
  Laser157 09:03 20 Jan 05

Sorry, that link was an e.mail address!

Try this: click here

hssutton 11:05 20 Jan 05

I would second Brumas on this one, Picassa v2 is very good, also this new version has some very nice editing features. Emailing is a doddle.

click here

hssutton 11:16 20 Jan 05

Sorry the "click here" did not work click here

All you do is select the image in picassa that you want to send, then hit the email button at the bottom of the screen. fill in the address & message, then send.

Size & quality of photo is really up to you, but for normal use the default setting should be quite satisfactory.

Stuartli 11:33 20 Jan 05

If you know the photo(s) which you wish to send in an e-mail the easiest way is, as suggest above, to right click on the photo file and select Send to Mail Recipient.

This opens - I presume you are using OE - an e-mail and you can then add the recpient's e-mail address and add any message before sending.

The alternative is to write your OE e-mail first and then click on Insert. You can then add any file or files you wish before sending.

greigas 20:28 20 Jan 05

Thanks to all. Stuarti ur last paragraph is relevant to the point I have been trying to make. Before I send the files eg a photograph, I would have to reduce the size of the image and save it. Whats the best way to do this?

hssutton 23:04 20 Jan 05

Do what has been suggested and download Picassa, (it's freeware) this will locate all the images on your H/drive. These images will be shown as thumbnails. Select the photo that you want to email, then just click on the email button at the bottom of the screen, this will open up your default email program with your image already attached, reduced to a suitable size. Now all you do is enter the recipients address, and type in a suitable message, and press send

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…